Burlap has become my go to material for anything decorating these days. It is relatively easy to work with , inexpensive and looks fantastic regardless of the project. A few weeks ago I was on point to decorate Jake and Lily's preschool fall festival . Naturally I turned to my burlap for help. I came up with a burlap banner that I liked so much I decided to make one for the house ( the preschool kept the other). I also made some burlap placemats that each have a word that reflects the thanksgiving holiday.  I made my stencils  from my awesome silhouette machine. This machine needs to be on the christmas list this year!! To hang the banner , I used jute twine and laced through holes that I placed in each corner of the squares. The project took no time to put together and looks great !

Harvest Blessing banner

Supplies Needed
  • Burlap for the banner - amount depends on the saying you choose. I had 15 letters and each square of burlap was approximately 6"x8"
  • Lettering - You can either use stencils or write the letters freehand. I cut my stencils from my silhouette machine. The font used was Bookman Old style.
  • Fabric paint or acrylic paint in your choice of color. I selected Tulip fabric  paint in black for this project.

Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top